Sales Director: In - Building Networks
Company Profile: Our client is an industry leading material science company specializing in glass, ceramics, and optical physics to manufacture the world’s most innovative and cutting-edge technology. They have evolved from manufacturing optical fiber and cable to being an industry leading turn-key optical solutions provider throughout the communications industry today.
The Sales Director will work for the VP of In-Building Networks & Channels and is primarily responsible for the development and performance of all sales activity in the assigned geography.
The Sales Director will manage a team of Regional Sales Managers and work closely with them as they staff and direct their respective sales teams, contributing to the effective development, training and educational programs for Regional Sales Managers, and Sales Engineers. The Sales Director will set strategy and provide leadership around the priorities that specifically addresses the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
• Develop and implement plans and strategies in line with achieving the company’s sales goals.
• Manage all specified sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth.
• Manage incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
• Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
• Participate in the hiring, on-boarding and early development of sales staff.
• Provide detailed and accurate salesforecasting.
• Recommend and deploy infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
• Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
• Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful channel and partner programs.
• Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
• Travel for in-person meetings with customers, partners and the CCS global team in order to develop and maintain key relationships.
• Must be able to work effectively in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision from a home-based office.
• Territory covered is the Eastern United States
Minimum Must Haves:
• 12-15+ years’ experience – the majority of which should be in sales or other commercial roles.
• 3+ years of direct management of a sales team of $100M+ with ~30 FTE’s
• 5+ years of experience in channel relationship management.
• 7+ years of experience working for a large, complex organization.
• 7+ years working with and understanding customers and applications within the enterprise communication market.
• MBA highly preferred.
• Proven ability to interact with Senior Executives.
• Experience in developing sales strategies and performance metrics based on customer and market environment.
• Proven ability implementing sales tactics and techniques based on customer and market environment.
• Proven ability to develop and communicate a focused selling message.
• Proven ability to effectively manage a cross functional team.
• Proven leader with entrepreneurial attitude
• Proven team player
• Proven ability to work under pressure
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong training and presentation skills
• Exceptional negotiation and sales skills