Under general supervision and direction, understands and applies research insights, design and technology skills and process knowledge to creatively conceptualize and develop unique and innovative product lines, products, and component recommendations. The senior designer will also work with peers from other disciplines, to conceptualize, problem-solve and develop recommendations. The senior designer may also act as the design lead on project teams and begin to provide design decisions and leadership on design process, concept recommendations and communication to Steelcase and Industrial Design management.
- Problem definition; analysis & solving ability; conceptual ability
- Studio skills; materials and processes; PC and CAD skills
- Thorough knowledge of design and PD&L processes
- Strong interpersonal relations skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of product applications and human factors
- Ability to learnmarketing and financial principles and to attain business/industry knowledge
- BFA or BS in Industrial Design with 5+ years Industrial Design experience, preferably in a manufactured products consulting or corporate environment
- Thorough knowledge of the Steelcase organization, industry trends & design history preferred
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing.
Tracking Code 000000005975