- Be engaged immediately after the first pre-sale meeting of the potential large scale data integration POC use-case prospect.
- Be the Data engineer that:
- (during pre-sale) Faces into the BD lead and Product managers working to fundamentally ensure that what is sold can be technically delivered AND supported within defined proposition parameters.
- (during pre-sale) Being clear about what the customer requirements are and what can and cannot be delivered within the envelope of the defined proposition AND escalating potential requirements that should be considered by the TR business. This includes:
- Expectation management of customer staff and TRSS staff.
- Identification of and agreement to a functional specification of the technical design including key service parameters such as resiliency and failover expectations
- Design of the integration of appropriate data integration solution components (e.g. Thomson Reuters Big Open Linked Data (BOLD), Thomson Reuters Intelligent Tagging, Thomson Reuters Data Fusion, Graph Databases) within the appropriate infrastructure (cloud vs. on-prem).
- Design of data-integration (“stitching”) of customer data, TR data & in certain cases 3rd party data ideally via PermID or other accepted methods within proposition
- Identification of key gaps from initially set-out customer requirements for areas we cannot serve/deliver on – communication to proposition for immediate awareness
- Provide recommendations to clients on the deployment and configuration of our software solutions according to our hardware/software support policies.
- During customer specific engagements, accountable for the delivery of the technical design (Software installation & configuration) but not necessarily doing all of the work. On hand to work with and handle questions from the broad implementation team involved in building out the solution and approving any variations to the design that may arise during the build and reverting back to the Proposition & product managers and the Data-Fusion and/or TR IT Technical leads where material deviations arise.
- During customer specific engagements, accountable for delivery of data-loading but not necessarily doing all of the work: helping customer technical & data-architects to integrate customer data along with TR data into the agreed technical & functional infrastructure set-up. At times and depending on POC commitment 3rd party data would need to be loaded as well.
- As part of customer specific engagements, responsible for creation of support run book for hand over into the service organization. Focusing on the bespoke/unique elements of the design.
- Accountable to the Customer Technical Lead to verify delivery per design and flag readiness for customer testing.
- Accountable for delivery of test plans including signoff of the UAT plan with the customer.
- Be on hand to support testing and answer questions and resolve issues using the operational teams sufficient to gain customer confidence in the delivered solution.
- Be accountable that the customer signs off what has been delivered when transitioning the system to the customer.
- Be available to handle 3rd level escalations related to the solution in line with prevailing support mechanisms.
- Be on hand if the customer wishes to vary their requirements to discuss if and how this might be accommodated, while being clear that variations may be subject to additional charges dependent on materiality and the point in the end-to-end cycle at which the question is raised.
Education, skills, competencies and experience
3+ years’ experience in complex solutions design and delivery working directly with customers and their technical environments
Familiarity with Thomson Reuters products preferred: Data-Fusion, TR intelligent tagging, Knowledge graph (feed), TR unstructured content sets: transcripts, machine-readable news
SPARK, STORM, SPARQL & RDF (can be trained on);
Some level of previous systems engineer experience / system architect such as:
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system including networking.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on proficiency with AWS
- Ability to quickly identify problems and bottlenecks with both stand-alone systems and across clusters of machines.
- Previous programming experience in JVM languages as well as Python
- Previous experience with data modeling for graphs
- Must have a US Government Security Clearance at the TOP SECRET/SCI level (TS/SCI)
- Pre-sales – judgment to balance the need to make the sale without compromising on technical or data-stitching integrity and TR credibility post sale
- Takes ownership for defined areas of accountability, most critically the integrity of the technical and data design in terms of meeting customer needs, design delivery and supportability
- Understands criticality of service provision to the customer, takes proactive preventative steps, and responds immediately and with urgency to service issues
- Drive execution in a complex organization: Anticipates and probes issues and contingencies with the early involvement of others
- Drives accountability and makes timely decisions and tough calls on enterprise issues and opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - technical design – solving problems within the scope of the defined proposition, delivery and support parameters, awareness of customer relationship dynamics and ability to factor such considerations
- Strong team player with experience of working with virtual teams from different functions/regions; knows the limitations of their own capabilities and openly engages other SME’s to help solve problems; organizationally savvy
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to quickly establish trust and credibility; demonstrates confidence to navigate the matrix and identify key stakeholders and their respective needs
- Communication - ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists
Req #: JREQ087119