The Operations Manager position is responsible for directing the daily activities of the Distribution Center on a single shift, including, supervision, and proper utilization of space, equipment and manpower. Key responsibilities include: DC standard work, productivity, LOS, safety, security, and housekeeping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operation & utilization of the facility
- Drive workflow in the Distribution Center, including receiving, putaway, picking, shipping, and administrative activities to ensure objectives are met in an efficient manner
- Attend daily warehouse meetings and interact with line supervisors and senior management to ensure shift objectives are being met
- Direct the functions and personnel of a shift or function to achieve desired results per the daily operations plan
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates
- Monitor approved labor standards to ensure a productive labor force
- Participate in the annual budget process to assure all expenses are covered and justified
- Assist in the recruiting and development of Supervisors in Training
- Direct the Distribution Center safety program for the assigned shift to ensure the safety of all team members within the work place
- May perform other duties as assigned
V. Working Conditions
- Individuals in this position will primarily be located in semi-climate controlled environments that are subject to temperature extremes. Movement of mobile and fixed equipment; possible exposure to hazardous products, and other conditions associated with a warehouse operation. Duties include occasional alternate standing, bending, stooping, sitting, throughout the course of the shift and may also involve active participation in the distribution processes such as lean events, evacuation, and cycle counting, and other special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Minimum of five (5) years of operations management experience; Broad knowledge of warehouse management systems, and automated pick systems; Management Skills preferred with emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication and planning; Analytical skills to include problem identification and resolution; Working knowledge of a Windows based computer environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to lead and develop people with excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to direction required
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control workflow and processes
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as required
Requisition Number: 5000232186906