Litigation Management Analyst
Responsible for technical and operational input pertaining to the execution and ongoing process of our Legal Audit Protocol. This position involves the legal audit function to ensure the substantive audit of panel counsel assigned to litigate third party casualty claims. These role can be located in one of our claims offices Melville NY, Southington, CT, Newtown, PA, Maitland, FL, Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Concord, CA and/or Irvine, CA).
- Work with the team establish the vision, goals and strategies for Legal Audit Group;
- Work with the team to design a specific scorecard and audit criteria to measure performance of assigned panel counsel on individual claims
- Measure and report on findings of firm audits
- Deliver result of quality review to both claims leadership and with panel firms
- Work with panel firms on implementing any required action plan to improve lagging performance noted
- Make recommendations to VP, Claims and other Claims leadership as to modifications and terminations of certain panel counsel
- Work with team to evaluate current vs. future state (and on an ongoing basis) of the litigation management guidelines and procedures, controls, metrics and dashboards for panel counsel to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice
- Perform recommended new panel firm diligence and vetting
- Provide consultative insights for key business decision makers as it relates to vendor relationships
- Thorough understanding of law and litigation process in both state and federal courts, including relevant case and statutory law and procedure.
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
- Leadership skills, ability to plan, organize delegate and develop corporate human resources.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Ability to operate business technology.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Results oriented
- Process Oriented
- Metrics Oriented
- College degreerequired, JD from an American Bar Association accredited law school preferred
- Certifications and/or professional designations preferred (examples, AIC, CPCU, ARM, etc.).
- Minimum of seven (7) years-experience in consulting, audit or legal role
- Internal and External Metric Tracking and Reporting
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- Develop initiatives to continually improve performance.
- Overall Legal and law firm operational knowledge
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Requisition ID 2017-4753