Production Manager, Direct Mail
In every office around the world, InnerWorkings offers an entrepreneurial culture that sets ambitious goals and looks beyond the status quo.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Direct Mail Production Manager will work on-site at one of our enterprise clients and is responsible for all aspects of print and direct mail production, purchasing, data management, and execution including recommending formats, improving processes, and providing regular updates to the client stakeholders. The professional will work with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure campaigns are purchased and executed in a way that ensures quality at a competitive price. We are looking for someone who has a commanding knowledge of the direct mail industry and local supplier market, innovative and suggests production alternatives.
- Deliver the client's jobs on budget, on time and with the highest level of service and quality.
- Working with the Senior Account Manager and Production Managers to source, produce, and manage print and direct mail campaigns.
- Being the liaison between internal stakeholders, agencies and suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery within budget parameters.
- Gather job requirements and perform procurement and project management of direct mail campaigns with understanding of marketing objectives.
- Project quoting and procurement of print and direct mail projects (ad hoc and programmatic), including lettershop and postage optimization responsibilities.
- Advise on economic formats, working with internal stakeholders and agencies to derive cost efficiencies for direct mail projects.
- Work within established operating budgets and maintain daily tracking and analysis of benchmarking information.
- Build relationships with clients and develop communication channels to ensure smooth workflow.
- Analyze job revenue, cost and profitability; communicate with client and Account Manager to validate budgets.
- Manage job production, delivery and invoicing, and proactively present production solutions.
- Consistently exceed client expectations and provide superior customer service.
- 3+ years direct mail and commercial print buying - including offset printing (web, sheet-fed, continuous form, and inline finishing); digital printing.
- 3+ years mailing services experience – including lettershop, postal, and mail logistics.
- Solid knowledge of paper manufacturing, types and distribution channels.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience working with suppliers to negotiate job cost and schedules.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e. print management, graphic arts, communications, business administration or liberal arts).
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.