As a Director of Software Engineering, you will provide leadership and direction through software leaders in setting technical and strategic direction for products. You will have full accountability for a strategic direction and execution of development within a large group. You must adapt and execute strategies from executive leadership to the team.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is looking for talented and enthusiastic people. People who want to realize their professional ambitions while delivering the highest levels of expertise and service to our customers. As a global leader in business travel management, we offer exciting opportunities in different areas around the world. If you share our commitment to excellence and customer care and enjoy professional challenges, we would like to hear from you.
Learn about us and start your journey.
• Provides leadership and solutions architecture, translating strategic business, product and technical plans into frameworks and re-usable patterns in software development.
• Oversees several teams of developers as required for the build out of frameworks and project rescue when necessary
• Understand existing technology platforms, functional and project needs to create tactical and strategic solutions BPG to defining technical priorities and assessing feasibility of solutions.
• Guides Business Platform Groups (BPG) Product and Technical leaders on complex decisions around solutions
• Provide input into professional (technical) development of BPG Developers.
• Works to resolve technical issues that arise in during software development.
• Work with Enterprise Architecture to understand, promote and adhere to Enterprise wide technology standards and requirements.
• May occasionally create and maintain code and documentation.
• Liaise with other P&T areas of the company to define integration strategies
• Helps all BPG development team members to advance technically and improve their skill sets.
• Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
• 12+ years of relevant experience required. At least 7 years’ experience as a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect and Development Leader. Must have a high level of technical proficiency to understand the pros and cons of various technologies.
• 10+ years of experience developing and/or creating solution with C#, Java and/or other major programming languages
o Ability to navigate complex technical situations and to explain benefits, tradeoffs, etc, of technical solution decisions.
o Adapts to changing conditions to generate effective solutions to problems.
o Ability to discuss, lead and present technical solutions to development teams and executive management.
o Able to work with teams/individuals of all levels of technical expertise, business knowledge and global locations.
o Effective communication skills.
o Ability to handle multiple projects
o Expert knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Methodology preferred.