My client is involved with Big Data and emerging iOT deployments, and is the global leader within their market space. Well known company, you'll recognize the name. As a result of this growth, they are looking to add a Senior Sales Engineer within the MidWest. They've retained my company to help fill this position. Here's the details of the opportunity:
WHAT THE POSITION(S) INVOLVE:
- Interview prospects to determine business and technical requirements and determine a technical fit.
- Create compelling customized presentations tailored to prospects’ use case and vertical.
- Conduct technical Q&A sessions and demonstrations around my client's product features, installation, configuration, and best practices.
- Design and scope focused evaluation plans that uniquely position my client, are tied to prospect requirements, and prove out business value.
- Collaborate with big data experts, data scientists, consultants within my client, to deliver advanced custom demonstrations, workshops, and POCs.
- A passion for learning new technologies as needed. Creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative work-a-rounds
- Key stakeholder in collaboration with marketing, product management, engineering, and professional services across
THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION(S):
- 3+ Years of experience designing, implementing or supporting data warehouse or business intelligence technologies.
- 2+ Years of “pre-sales” experiencesupporting enterprise software sales cycles
- Understanding of “Big Data” technologies (e.g. Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark) combined with hands-on working experience with core technologies including
- Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, shell scripting),
- Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, generic SQL, JDBC)
- Content (e.g. XML, JSON, text)
- ETL, data warehousing and data engineering
- BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, Micro Strategy)
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience).
Technology: Advanced big data implementation and java architectureexperience
• Hands-on Hadoopexperience
• Java programming
• Security systems (e.g. LDAP, SSO)
• Advanced analytics (e.g. R, Python, Weka, SA
Education: Major or minor in computer science or MIS a plus