Lead Decision Support Analyst - (Benefits Analytics Consultant)
This position serves as the client’s primary point of contact into the Enterprise Informatics organization to ensure that most reporting, analytical and consultative services are satisfied. Responsible for establishing value-driven relationships with clients through collaboration to understand the client’s strategy goals. Work closely with other Market Facing Analytics team members to communicate outstanding requests, identify appropriate resources and prioritize requests as needed to manage the quality and timeliness of client deliverables. Monitors client case cost trends on a monthly basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and otherdatabasetechnology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-yearbachelor's in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,IndustrialEngineering or Operations Research or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
- Advanced Degree
- Client Consulting
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of employee benefits plans, data analysis, health care data and programming skills.
- Demonstrated programming skills with an emphasis on basic understanding of SAS and SQL, or comparable 4GL programming language, in querying relational databases.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and communication skills with an emphasis on consultative customer service and presentations in group setting to technical, non-technical and customer audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple complex tasks as directed.