Location: Cambridge, MA, Zip Code 02139
• The Supply Chain Specialist will manage Company’s Task Order and PO process for clinical trial packaging and labeling activities, plus comparator purchases, for the Pharmaceutical Sciences department, providing direction and operational support for day-to-day activities and on-going projects.
• The Supply Chain Specialist will be accountable for ensuring timely quote/contract execution, PO request submission, and managing the relationship with clinical trial finished goods vendors.
• Create contract and PO requests for all packaging and labeling activities and comparator drugs, including troubleshooting and following up with approvers.
• Independently manage issues that arise during quote to PO processes with the appropriate stakeholders, including but not limited to, Finance and Procurement.
• Hold biweekly and monthly meetings with vendor representatives to ensure requirements are being met and to investigate any outstanding issues.
• Be first point of contact for finished goods vendors and clinical supply program managers for contracts/quotes/POs.
• Act as a subject matter expert for contracting and purchasing systems for other Pharm Sci functional areas
• Support Vendor Network Strategy team with additional projects on an as needed basis.
• Initiate and encourage process improvements cross functionally.
• Proactively identify and effectively address problems before they cause delays, excessive costs, or other unfavorable consequences.
• Continuously improve the quality of own work processes and services through benchmarking and/or adoption of best practices, utilizing appropriate internal and external resources to accomplish specific objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelors Degree plus 1 year of Customer Service/Operations experience or High School diploma plus 5 years of Customer Service/Operations experience.
• SAP experience preferred
• Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
• Demonstrate in-depth technical/functional knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility.
• Must be able to leverage and adapt an understanding of roles, responsibilities, and interrelationships of those functional areas which one interacts with in order to develop the best solutions.
• Must be an effective communicator.
• Must be able to demonstrate effective multi-tasking
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
Feel free to forward my email to your friends/colleagues who might be available.
Thank you for your time and for consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.