Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare prescriptions which include entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Ensure compliance with all government programs and laws related to pharmacy which includes, but is not limited to, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, DMEPOS and HIPPA.
- Fill prescriptions for customers.
- Handle third party insurance claims.
- Perform medication therapy management.
- Maintain records of controlled substances.
- Consult with customers about prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Maintain knowledge of latest pharmacy products and all governing laws.
- Keep sales and work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Execute plans to capture front end customers; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain current and accurate computer files on prices and products.
- Communicate with health care professionals and patients to address customer needs.
- Order, receive, stock and rotate drugs and authorized pharmacy related items.
- Check inventory and remove out-of-date drugs.
- Order and restock bags, immunization supplies, vials and other assorted pharmacy supplies.
- Administer immunizations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- PHARMACIST FT ONLY: Understand EBITDA and the factors that impact it.
- FLOATER ONLY: Travel to locations to fill in for other pharmacists as needed.
- Pharmacist degree.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Previous pharmacist experience.
- Strong PC skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.