- Meet individualized packaging segment sales, gross profit and margin goals as determined by Veritiv management.
- Sell and promote packaging products and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals in an established territory.
- Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
- Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in territory as well as, prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
- Align with territory packaging sales specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
- Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
- Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement packaging sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
- Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
- Actively leverage salestechnology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment grow.
- Provide strong project management experience to aid and execute complex customer supply chains from package design, manufacturing, logistics & distribution.
- Applications Skills/MAX, SFD, SalesForce - Desired
- Technical Skills/Desktop/PC Software-Microsoft Office proficiency - Desired
- Business Knowledge/Distribution/expertise - Desired
- Degrees/Business Administration//Bachelor’s Degreepreferred or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years experience in territory sales or account management desired.
- Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired.
- College degree or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Experience in project management and demonstrated understanding of distributionfinancepreferred.
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential.