Xtime creates cloud-based SaaS products to help car dealerships obtain and retain customers, and to help automotive manufacturers increase customer retention and loyalty. Xtime books 44 million service appointments and processes 120 million repair orders annually. Twenty-eight global OEMs have chosen us to drive that same type of success for their businesses, converting $9 billion in service revenue for more than 8,000 dealerships across three continents. Xtime is a member of the Cox Automotive™ family, and a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Simply put, we are revolutionizing the automotive service industry and transforming the way consumers, dealers and automakers interact—and we’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our team!
Director of Engineering Operations Position
Xtime is seeking a results-oriented Director of Engineering Operations to work alongside the VP of Engineering, interact with leaders across Cox Automotive Software Group and be directly responsible for leading strategic initiatives intended to build a high performing software development organization. Engineering high quality software that consistently delivers value to our customers is an evolutionary process that never ends. The engineering culture here at the Cox Automotive Software Group is one that has maintained its roots in excellence while scaling to meet the needs of the business. As the Xtime team has grown, we have found it imperative to have a group focused on operational expertise to continually drive engineering excellence forward.
This director level role reporting to Xtime’s VP of Engineering, will drive improvements in engineering excellence, finance and resource management, internal communications, and will manage strategic initiatives and supervise Xtime’s team of Scrum Masters. By focusing on areas such as creating process baselines to measure improvement, gathering and developing key performance indicators, developing initiatives to improve coding and testing practices, developing operational models, capturing and developing strategic plans, and managing the overall operational rhythms of the business, the Director of Engineering Operations will significantly impact the overall success of the organization.
The ideal candidate will combine a strong program management capability with an extensive background in leading a software organization to create and deliver programs that result in improved operational excellence.
- Work with Xtime’s VP of Engineering to develop critical operational initiatives
- Define the rhythm of the business. Enhance leadership time effectiveness by setting effective agendas, and driving high-quality content and output.
- Partner with finance and facilitate the financial management process, including financial planning, cost management, and resource cost tracking.
- Oversee the execution of strategic initiatives and participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement and incremental efficiencies.
- Manage the internal Xtime communications strategy, ensuring consistent communication of the right messages, to the right people, at the right time, via the right communication channels.
- Engage with engineering leaders across scrum teams to execute on key product initiatives.
- Track and report on KPI’s related to maintenance, product development, platform performance and platform stability.
- Manage key agile scaling initiatives across the Engineering organization.
- Meet regularly with the Xtime Engineering leadership team and drive initiatives through that forum.
- Develop and execute regular operations meetings where developed models, initiatives, KPI’s and other metrics are reviewed, analyzed and communicated.
What We Look For
- Deep understanding of technology industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Strong experience managing large-scale programs.
- 10+ years of experience, at least 5 years managing software development teams.
- Working ability to set project schedules, deliverables, and manage budgets.
- Passion for building the services and experiences that our customers want and need.
- Exceptional program management skills with the ability to prioritize work in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail, schedule awareness and ability to drive organizations to healthy and timely results.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of the interactive software development process.
- Experience managing and guiding senior leadership via influence rather than command and control techniques.
- Must be able to inspire and maintain a positive atmosphere of innovation and success across a diverse team of engineers.
- Must possess an ability to build key business relationships, and contribute to the emerging technology culture within Cox Automotive.
- Experienced storyteller with a passion for creating and delivering innovative communication approaches to engineering audiences.
- Manages confidentiality without exception.
Job Number 1715729