ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct site surveys to assess the suitability of any given customer site for Hach’s optimization solutions.
- Analyze customer performance data to estimate potential savings which may result from the implementation of optimization technologies and solutions.
- Consult with regional sellers on real time control opportunities to determine probability of success.
- Support software optimization opportunities at all stages from concept to customer commitment.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key customers by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and resolving problems.
- Ensure efficient and effective transition for customers’ needs to commissioning project manager.
- Coordinate with management to provide detailed forecasts and action plans for the growth of the business.
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market.
- Support Division managers to identify potential areas for software revenue utilizing existing solutions while also targeting growth potential for process solution development.
- Provide regular training of the sales team with regards to segmentation and initiation of optimization solution.
- Prepare and deliver Process Management & Complimentary Solution presentations at specified industry conferences, trade fairs and customer offices.
- Support financial objectives by disseminating division budgeted performance goals; coordinates, prepares and implements the division software salesbudgets; monitors actual vs. budgeted performance, implementing corrective measures as appropriate; reports goal accomplishment and variance analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Collects and develops information to support and develop sales tools (value sell documents, quick reference sale notes, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Identify new RTC solution development opportunities currently unavailable in the Hach portfolio and co-ordinate with the relevant internal stakeholders to understand & capture business case.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills required to navigate complex sales and consultative selling situations
- Experience/ability to identify the audience and communicate appropriately, ranging from complicated technical processes to commercial impact, at the correct level using the appropriate vocabulary
- Municipal/Industrial Wastewater and Drinking Water process and commercial awareness.
- Experience or awareness with wastewater and drinking instrumentation and control methodologies
- Passion for automation and the value, safety, reliability, and efficiencies that coordinated hardware-software-service solutions deliver
- Strong project management skills; will operate as a key member of account team and drive opportunity teams
- Bachelor’s DegreeRequired; preferred fields of study include process, environmental control or sanitary environmental engineering; Chemistry or Biology degrees with relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Master’s Degreepreferred.
- 5 + years relevant experience in the water industry in a commercial role or relevant experience with a utility or a contractor/consultant providing engineered solutions for the water industry with an emphasis on process design and/or optimization.
- History of articulating and promoting design and/or process changes to technical, operational and financial stakeholders.
- Detailed end to end knowledge of the wastewater and wastewater sludge treatment processes including primary sedimentation processes, activated sludge processes for both organic and nutrient removal, chemical dosing for phosphate removal, anaerobic digestion and polymer dosing for sludge thickening and dewatering processes strongly desired.
- Experience and comfort with communication protocols utilized in the water controls marketplace and how Hach’s instrumentation and control systems could interface.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within assigned territory
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and a driving record which is acceptable to Hach
Job ID: HAC004701