Software Developer - Java/J2EE
San Diego, CA
Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, lead technology decisions, and come up with new ideas that will push a product above and beyond your competitor's products? ViaSat is a unique blend of technical challenge, opportunity to excel, team camaraderie, and opportunity to work with industry leaders. Sounds interesting? Keep reading.
As a key member of ViaSat’s fast-paced Software Development team, you will use your talents to design, code and unit test software for developing Satellite communications operational support services. The other responsibilities will include developing systems to support enterprise IT service provider functions.
- 8+ years of experience developing robust, high performance application systems using Java/J2EE, Web (REST), Spring framework.
- Experienceworking withNoSQL (Cloudera Hadooppreferred) and relational Database (Oracle, MYSQL or Aurora).
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming), best practices, OOPS and SOLID principles,
- Strong debugging and application performance testing/tuning skills.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Scriptinglanguages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Information Technology.
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services, Docker, Micorservices and related technologies.
- Knowledge/experience of Cloudera Hadoop is a plus.
- Good knowledge or experience using Apache Drill.
- Experience working in a DevOps model (Continues Integration and Deployment - CICD) is a plus
- Experience in Agile development environment (Scrum).
- U.S. Citizenship preferred.