The General Manager position is a high-profile leadership position that is responsible for the club's overall direction, coordination, operation, and success. The General Manager will ensure the club meets or exceeds financial goals, while providing remarkable leadership in areas of customer service, team member relations, sales, in-center business performance, and member participation. The General Manager will provide daily support to a team of 150-300 team members and offer ongoing leadership, motivation, and development. They are responsible for casting, coaching, communication, alignment, and holding Department Heads accountable to The Life Time Way expectations. The General Manager will also act as the club ambassador to provide each member an unforgettable experience. This position requires a minimum of 50 hours worked each week. The General Manager must adjust his/her schedule accordingly based on club performance, Department Head staffing, seasonality, and/or physical club issues to ensure the club is meeting Life Time expectations.
Examples of Work Performed Financial & Club Operations
* Manage membership acquisition and retention, revenue and expenses on a daily basis.
* Manage financial budgets with planning, forecasting, and revenue generation from various club departments.
* Review monthly reports for club revenue reconciliation, non-revenue departments, member club usage, and companies inside member participation.
* Monitor supplies and expenses for each department.
* Calculate payroll data and cost of goods.
* Profit and Loss Statement review and evaluation performed monthly.
* Responsible for the following Business Plans:
* General Manager Club Business Plan
* Club Department Head Business Plans
Member & Team Member Relations
* Act as "The Mayor" by greeting members, cultivating relationships, and encouraging connectivity. by promoting an engaging and welcoming environment.
* Provide exceptional customer service by assisting members with their suggestions and concerns
* Perform a daily walkthrough to ensure that all areas of the club are "Like New", clean, and organized.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and ensure Department Heads and team members are providing the highest level of customer service, cleanliness, and financial performance.
* Designate a weekly one on one meeting for each Department Head to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are measured and graded and all departments are meeting or exceeding budgetary goals.
* Cast Department Heads in order to improve their skills and grow their career opportunities within Life Time by providing performance assessments, training, and development.
* Authorize all employee status changes, new hires, promotions, and terminations. Develop appropriate succession plans within the club and region.
* Coordinate disciplinary actions and terminations with Area Director and Human Resources Director.
* Facilitate weekly Department Head meetings to communicate and align around the key business objectives, opportunities, and club events.
* Attend weekly AD calls and live meetings monthly.
* Prepare and facilitate yearly All Club - Life Time Way meetings to review policies and procedures, and ensure positive club morale. Sales & Promotion
* Have broad oversight over all elements of the Club events and promotions that drive revenue and contribution margin performance.
* Continuously promote and participate in Life Time events and programs.
* Promote and use Life Time products and services.
* Serve as the Life Time ambassador to the community. The General Manager must represent the Life Time Brand in an extremely positive fashion.
Four-year college degree
5+ years experience managing 150 plus people in fitness, hospitality, or retail industries
5+ years experience managing profit & loss (P&L) statements/revenue/EBITDA budget
Experience in hospitality, fitness, and/or retail industries
Experience providing customer service and dealing with customer concerns
Sales or fitness management experience highly preferred
Track record of success in a performance-driven work culture
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristic
* Experience interviewing and hiring department managers and front line team members
* Excellent supervisory, interpersonal communication, and time management skills
* Decision making, problem solving, strategic planning, and data analysis skills
* Proven conflict management skills
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and computer software
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to build relationships with members
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively multi-task with tight deadlines both independently and within a team environment
* Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions
* Ability to effectively build teams
* Ability to make decisions easily and quickly
* Excellent supervisory, presentation, and time management skills
* Knowledge and passion for the health and fitness industry
* Knowledge of profit and loss statements, general ledgers and accounting