The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre- and post-sales support for our external and internal clients in order to deliver increased revenue generation, efficiency, and improved customer satisfaction. This position is a mix of external client-facing and interfaces with sales teams and clients in identifying opportunities for new innovative solutions and internal management of COE partners to ensure we are providing feedback on Voice of Customer and sales challenges. The Solutions Engineer owns one or two products and leads the creation and development of value propositions (leveraging COE support) and ensures the Sales Consultants are armed with our value propositions. The Solutions Engineer will help train the Consultants and keep them up to date on the latest trends with the product. This position will also provide second-level support to Consultants to ensure a streamlined process toenable revenue quickly with our customers. The Solutions Engineer will be viewed as an expert and present on webinars, at conferences and help advance thought leadership around Equifax products.
- Represent existing solutions to an expert degree in order to consult withclients and with sales teams in designing and executing revenue growth proposals during all phases of the sales cycle.
- Provide deep subject matter expertise during the sales process to both other sales resources as well as the customer in areas such as product knowledge, technical knowledge, interpretation, need requirements, and solution process mapping, and configuration.
- Partner with Sales Consultants, Sales Teams, Product Management, and IT Development for design, product mapping, technical matters, and client acceptance. Work with internal teams for problem resolution of any client issues.
- Perform webinars, seminars and other public facing events to advance the thought leadership around Equifax products.
- Advise management of customer acceptance of existing or proposed products and services and make recommendations on enhancements or new services basedupon client input, data, and analytics.
- Provide support for new/custom solutions, including design and delivery, proof of concept, testing, validation, and reporting.
- Provide product and technical support to other teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Previous Sales Support experience
- 5+ yrs previous business experience in technical environment is preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and other common desktop applications
- Knowledge of database applications such as Oracle and SalesLogix or other sales database
- Ability to understand new technologies quickly
- Proven ability to influence others in a matrix organization
- Able to craft and share compelling customer and competitive storylines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Some experience with verification of employment and income standards
- Demonstrate strong client-facing skills (internal and external customers)
- Superb attention to detail is required
- Adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Up to 35% travel required