- Education/Training (both required and desired):
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering or computer science discipline required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Electrical or Mechanical engineering may be accepted
- 2+ years of professional experience in the required task area
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
Expertise and Functions
- Create and support system and sub-system design documentation for use by software engineers in order to modify existing or create new integrated software capabilities for the A-10C Thunderbolt II avionics, weapons, or pod interfaces or pilot/vehicle interfaces
- Experience with CMMI\TSP\PSP, AS9100, or other process model for software development
- Knowledge reading and creating schematics and requirements documents
- Familiarization with software configuration management\defect tracking tools and peer review
- Ability to oversee development and maintenance of embedded computer systems.
- Knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
- Ability to analyze users' needs and translate to software requirements and interface documents.
- Experience creating flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation in IBM DOORs or Microsoft Office
- Military aircraft experiencepreferred