Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $659 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 33 locations in 18 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
The Signal Integrity Group, located in Mechanicsburg PA, is seeking a Customer Support Engineer for their Frontline SIG Support Team. This person will be responsible for supporting multiple one-on-one interactions with customers to discuss applications and recommend solutions.
- The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Physics or ElectricalEngineering; plus 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills are a must.
- Strong Project Management skills and problem solving ability.
- Ability to learn the Samtec product line in a timely, efficient manner.
- Willingness to travel for customer support, trade shows, and standard body events
- Experience using commercial 3D field solvers (CST and/or Ansys HFSS) to study electromagnetic effects
- Experience in hands on testing of high speed interconnects using TDR/VNA
- Experience performing system level circuit simulations for signal integrity analysisAbility to setup, generate/review technical reports based on simulations and/or empirical testing
- Knowledge of PCB design and fabrication methods
- Knowledge of using MATLAB scripts