Cyber Security Specialist
Infrastructure Architect Manager
The Cyber Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring Tecomet is safe from cyber-attacks. This position will stay on top of the latest trends in information technologysecurity. This security specialist will determine the security needs and develop solutions to eliminate securityrisks. This is accomplished by maintaining Tecomet’s principles of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Innovations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, networksecurity, product evaluation, and security implementation.
- Responsible for designing and implementing solutions for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information.
- Provides technical evaluations of systems and assists with making security improvements.
- Participates in design of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to customer organization.
- Conducts security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve security posture.
- Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
- Provide security training to internal customers when needed.
- Prepare content for external and internal communications on cybersecurity, including webinars, presentations, and written communications.
- Work closely with all divisions throughout Tecomet.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
- May be required to travel domestic and international to other Tecomet divisions.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of Lean principles and tools and applies to every day job duties.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate respectfully with others and work in a team environment.
- Able to meet establish goals set for this position.
- Able to meet attendance requirements per the employee handbook policy.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Eight (8) years of general cybersecurityexperience. Experience must include familiarity with applicable NIST information security documentation; i.e., Special Publication 800 series. Experience must have occurred within the past three (3) years.
- Six (6) years of specialized experience in the required certifications listed below.
- Combined five (5) years working experience in the disciplines of: Server vulnerability assessments, Networkauditing, Network traffic/packet analysis, Hands-on work experience with web server administration (Apache, IIS), SQL, ERP.
- Hands on work experience with at least three of the following: .Net, Active Directory, DNS, Firewalls, CSAM or other SSP Tracking tool, Content Filtering, Anti-virus, White-listing software.
- Able to analyze and deal with cybersecurity issues like DDoS, Malware, Remote SSH, Trojan, Backdoor worm, automated vulnerability, Password Control.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science, preferred or equivalent experience as listed above.
- (CISSP) Certified Information System Security Professional or,
- (CISA) Certification Information System Auditor
- (GIAC) Global Information Assurance Certification in one of the five disciplines (Security Administration, Security Management, Forensics, IT Audit or Software Security).