ParTech, Inc. is looking for a Compliance Engineer to provide leadership and project planning for safety, EMC, wireless, energy efficiency, management of hazardous substances, food safety and other applicable compliance throughout the development/deployment process. The Compliance Engineer will partner with senior project managers to deliver best-in-class POS terminals and peripherals, tablets, hand-held computing devices as well as IoT sensors to our global customers.
PAR Technology Corporation is the parent company for three wholly owned business units providing systems and services for both government and hospitality sectors. PAR’s largest business unit, Restaurant & Retail Systems (PARTech, Inc.), is the world’s leader in technology products and service integration solutions for the quick service restaurant industry. With revenues of approximately $150M, this unit serves many of the largest restaurant companies in the United States and around the world.
- Creating and implementing complex regulatory compliance plans for major product development programs
- Contributes to advanced regulatory and standards research on new technologies, markets and geographic regions
- Provides clear options and leadership for recovery plans as needed, displaying excellence in project management (identifying critical milestones, gating items and priorities, determining deadlines for deliverables on critical path, and communicating to cross-functional team members
- Identifies compliance related risks, effectively communicates the threat and suggests best means for avoiding or reducing the risk
- Leads compliance plan reviews and safety design review meetings for individual products, early in the design cycle
- Effectively communicates the dependencies of other departments' deliverables on our project milestones and vice versa
- Works with Global Product Standards & Regulations organization to monitor and analyze regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering or another relevant field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Must possess experience in providing direction and taking the lead on regulatory input during the product design process. Experience with ESD, EMC, EMI, all wireless technologies such as BT, Wi-Fi, Cellular, food safety and product safety testing and country certifications.
- Understands manufacturing and supply chain issues as they relate to phase-in of compliance-driven design changes
- Experience reviewing nearly all EMC and safety design aspects for circuit design and PCB layout
- Ability to explain and document regulatory and standards requirements
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.