Senior Project Engineer ( Water Resources )
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a motivated individual who desires increasing responsibilities in designing, managing and marketing Water Resources Engineering for a variety of projects. The successful candidate will be well-versed across the water resources discipline with demonstrated design and management experience in drainage and stormwater management design, modeling, and permitting with the supporting capabilities to perform a variety of design tasks in the civil engineering and environmental permitting field.
This is a senior position to help grow the water resources discipline as part of multi-discipline engineering office with strong transportation resume and clients. Successful candidates will be expected to effectively oversee, perform and manage a variety of water resource related engineering design and permitting projects. There is a significant need for a candidate that understands the existing Virginia stormwater regulations, has experience on stormwater and drainage design for Virginia transportation projects, and can assist local municipalities with MS4 permit compliance and reach their TMDL goals.
- Virginia P.E. is required
- Design responsibilities and project engineering skills are necessary
- Knowledge and design experience in storm drainage design, wetland and waters of the US impacts, stream restoration/stabilization for TMDL credits and compensation, stormwater management, MS4 permit compliance, and erosion and sediment control projects dealing with VDOT, VADEQ and USACE
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local jurisdiction stormwater management and permitting regulations is preferred
- DEQ certification in E&S and Stormwater inspection and or plan review preferred
- General understanding of Microstation, Civil 3D, Arc GIS, and proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must for preparation of project reports and proposals
- 8-20years of experience in general civil design, with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in water resources engineering on Virginia projects
- Applicant should have experience with Virginia’s Runoff Reduction Method and be able to evaluate projects using it to determine required pollutant reduction and which BMPs should be used to meet the requirements
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of local TMDL action plans and MS4 permit compliance
- Applicant should have established contacts with various local Public Works/ Stormwater Departments, State and Federal agencies
- Applicant shall be able to design LID / green infrastructure, stream restoration, and BMP retrofits
Tracking Code 13370