This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the operational activities within the designated Wire Transfer Department Operational Site. The position manages, engages, and motivates a team of Wire Transfer Specialists who must be able to problem solve, work under high pressure and strict deadlines while maintaining accuracy. Ensures and maintains the security of all wire operations and systems and is responsible for implementing all wire transfer policies and procedures. Provides exceptional leadership and support to all Wire Department operations where service or assistance is needed.
- Reinforces the highest level of customer satisfaction by example. Conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations on customer service with all staff members.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries
- Manages the wiring of funds for customers and internal bank partners; ensuring accuracy, and that security protocols and approval limits are followed. Ensures adherence to controls in place to protect against fraudulent wire activity and unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Assists with the writing of wire transfers training policies and procedures for the department and adhering to those policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the development of disaster recovery plans and partners with BCP teams for internal testing
- Supports and participates in periodic department systems and software testing.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned special projects. Prepare reports for executive management, audit, and other personnel as requested.
- Contributes to department reporting including KPI's shared within the bank and which are key in driving decision making and future capacity planning.
- Identifies and drives efforts to improve processing efficiency and accuracy.
- Responsible for hiring staff at designated Operational site.
- Bachelor's degree from a four (4) year college or university preferred;
- 8+ years of progressive bank operations experience including five (5) or more years with in-depth wire transfer management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in domestic and international wire transfer, SWIFT and correspondent bank networks and fee schemes. (SHA, OUR, BEN, Bene deduct, Auto Convert)
- Knowledge of tactics used to research wire issues and ensure prompt resolution.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Bank accounting policies and procedures as it relates to the wire transfer function.
- Experience in managing the wire transfer needs of Title and Mortgage Companies is a plus.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department activities; initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and engage tactics to meet deadlines and ensure prompt and clear communication to business partners.