We are seeking a Vice President, Finance (FP&A) who is the strategic financial partner to the CFO, CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team. He/she will generate insights that impact enterprise-level financial performance and value creation. The VP is responsible for the overall performance and development of the FP&A team, and the effectiveness of company-wide FP&A processes.
This role will define the business performance standards and metrics, as well as drive/create internal financial processes and systems to be simple, predictive and accessible. This individual is the global process owner of the company's budget and forecast processes as well as monthly operating reviews.
They will ensure appropriate due diligence is applied to business decisions and maintain the integrity of reported information. This position plays a critical role in partnering with the CFO and other senior leadership in strategic decision making to ensure short, medium- and long-term goals are achieved. This position is located in Boston, MA.
- Provide insight into company performance
- Develop a superior, high-performing FP&A team that meets increasing needs and requirements across the business that help drive the overall organization forward
- Effectively communicate the goals of Executive Leadership so the team is well positioned to support the organization
- Accountable for all the financial planning, analysis, and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the overall process and coordination for budgets, forecasts and long-term strategic planning
- Leads FP&A function by establishing objectives, vision and measurement of success. This role sets the tone for the group and organizes the team to efficiently achieve goals through delegation and accountability.
- Provide management and oversight of the Finance-related activities for the current Finance Systems and develop the strategy to drive future system implementations, simplification and efficiencies to deliver improved business information
- Plan, evaluate and improve the efficiency of the team and processes.
- Ensure that forecasts provide transparency into business drivers, risks and opportunities
- Oversee and lead the annual budget and planning process, administer and review all financial plans and keep the senior management abreast of the organization's financial status
- Ensure balance of leadership and autonomy as the Finance team interfaces with business leaders
Implement and work with Senior Leadership providing overall leadership
Provide periodic in-person updates to the Board of Director's Audit Committee including progress to date, program risks, project expense and capital spend
Oversee the training and change management aspects to stakeholders.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience and 15 years of accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, MBA, CPA or business experience of 15-20 years
- Communicates comfortably and confidently with Executive Leadership
- Persuasive, able to influence senior executive decisions
- Effectively integrates strategic and tactical viewpoints
- Able to develop and implement effective enterprise-wide processes
- Proven track record of effective performance management and developing staff and future leaders
Behaviors / Competencies
- Strong business acumen and judgment and current knowledge of company markets/products and industry trends
- Thinks strategically about the bigger picture to determine how to drive project and business cases
- Effective at driving change and managing teams to achieve desired goals. Capable of articulating a vision or plan, gaining commitment to action and managing through others to achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this individual will act as a business partner across the organization
- Applies self-awareness and critical thinking to influence at the highest level of the organization
- Identifies departmental goals and milestones that align with those of the overall organization
- Ensures the engagement of all department members with the organization's strategic goals and business partners
- Excellent at workload prioritization, resource management and project management
- Effective at driving change and managing teams to achieve desired goals
- Forward-looking proactive approach to the finance function with the intellectual capacity and focus on execution