We are vital links. Between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Clinical Operations to join our Early Development team.
As a VP, Clinical Ops, you will be responsible for the overall management and performance of Clinical Operations for all global research clinics. Provides operational strategies for the placement and execution of early phase trials to ensure consistent high-quality delivery on time and on budget. Responsible for achieving overall financial goals (authorizations, revenue and profitability) for the clinics. Works globally with business development and early development leadership to develop new business. Develops and drives the clinical growth initiatives necessary to ensure optimum performance and consistent delivery against annual plans and targets.
Provides strategic direction and operational leadership to all global clinics and works closely with site leaders ensure client goals and timelines are achieved or exceeded.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all early phase trials conducted at the PPD clinics in accordance with SOPs and in compliance with all applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews and maintains SOPs and working practices across clinics, driving standardization of processes to ensure consistent quality and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the clinics, including revenues, operating costs, and profitability.
- Works with site leaders to manage clinics' resource levels. Ensures that the clinics are provided with the necessary support and resources to successfully deliver.
- Leads the development and rollout of technological improvements designed to streamline clinics processes and enhance quality.
- Provides strategic input into study proposals and represents PPD at business development meetings. Maintains client relationship to ensure client satisfaction, address quality and regulatory issues and to provide clinic information.
- Works with other early development leaders to develop business-wide growth strategies and initiatives as part of annual operational planning
- Drives implementation of clinics' initiatives and grows clinics' capacities to support new geographies, study populations, and medical capabilities
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 10+ years of management responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the drug development process, with extensive experience in Phase 1 trials
- Prior leadership of clinical site operations highly desirable
- Advanced leadership skills and executive presence
- Exceptional negotation skills and ability to effectively influence executive/c-suite team members
- Excellent business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional areas
- Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
- Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
- Track record of building peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
- Expertise in motivating and integrating teams, as well as excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Analytical skills, excellence in oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies