GumGum is looking for a successful technical recruiter to add to our Talent Acquisition team, who will drive hiring efforts for multiple job openings of various skill types and levels with a heavy emphasis on technical positions. As a trusted recruiting advisor, consultant and partner, you will use your strong collaboration and communication skills to influence hiring activities and decisions, effectively meeting the organization's technical recruiting and staffing needs. A tenacious and strategic approach to attracting, hiring and retaining talent are keys for success in this role.
- Perform all related full lifecycle recruiting activities throughout the hiring process including (but not limited to): sourcing, candidate pre-screening, interviewing, salary and offer negotiations, and closing of candidates
- Conduct direct sourcing of candidates utilizing standard and creative techniques such as: mining of recruiting sites, internal and external databases, social media tools, and search engines; cold and warm calling of target candidates or companies; networking in various ways for candidates and referrals, etc.
- Continually evaluate and apply new sourcing methodologies to actively identify, cultivate and grow target candidate pools of top talent
- Represent GumGum in all interactions with potential internal and external candidates
- Train hiring managers on recruiting techniques, developing their ability to effectively assess candidates for a specific position
- Continually optimize the candidate experience, interviewing, assessment and selection process
- Regularly report on recruiting activities and progress to hiring managers and technology leadership
- Ability to design a well-rounded approach and strategy to developing pipeline to effectively fill technical positions
- Work with managers to develop a rigorous and efficient interview process that helps to highlight the best candidate for a position while ensuring a great experience for the candidate, regardless of the outcome
- Partner with community technical organizations to promote the GumGum brand and technical career offerings
- Host and attend technical meet-ups and gatherings, in partnership with technology leadership
- Contribute to GumGum's employment branding strategy and tactics
- Partner effectively with hiring managers, ensuring excellent customer service and deliverables from beginning-to-end of a search
- Manage and deliver a variety of Talent Acquisition programs and projects
- Coordinate GumGum's presence at a variety of industry and career-related events including event planning, project management and attendance at events
- Keep pulse on industry trends throughout the technology industry and, especially within Southern California
- Partner with HR (People Operations) to clarify organizational needs in order to more effectively screen and select candidates
- Utilize the Jobvite applicant tracking system to review applications, make notes on process and candidates, update hiring managers, track offer approvals, etc.
- 5 - 7 years of related technical recruiting experience in a full-time company environment
- Experience using social media tools for sourcing efforts including but not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blogs etc.
- Must possess a knowledge base of technology skill-sets including programming languages, web technologies, and software development processes
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using effective sourcing and research methodologies.
- Well-developed assessment, negotiation, collaboration, and consultation skills
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively (both oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Excellent internal customer service and consultation skills
- Ability to think strategically and holistically about recruiting strategy
- Experience hiring Software and Big Data, Backend Engineers, Front-End Engineers, Computer Vision Scientist and Product Managers a plus
- Previous experience recruiting in a start-up atmosphere
- Additional experience within an agency recruiting environment
- Experience with Jobvite a plus
- Understanding of immigration and visa needs assessment during the recruiting process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Additional HR and/or recruiting certifications is a plus
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Characteristics"). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.