The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will serve as an on-site customer liaison and be responsible for overall execution of the I-ETMS Maintenance Service Agreement for the Union Pacific Railroad's positive train control (PTC) implementation and operation. The TPM will perform as a Servant Leader for an onsite implementation team and be the primary point of contract for all related inquiries, trouble reports, and maintenance requests associated with PTC aftermarket products and services.
The successful candidate will proactively seek improvement opportunities with the Railroad PTC solution, engage with the customer to diagnose and analyze technical and business process issues, and provide solution recommendations. This position will serve as the lead coordination point for various affected Wabtec teams and will provide regular performance and status reports.
- Direct an onsite team of PTC subject matter experts in reviewing current practices, provide observational analysis, issue identification and classification,
- Coach, motivate and apply practical tools of Servant Leadership as a way of influencing a high performing team
- Work closely with UPRR Engineering, Operations, and Mechanical teams to identify, quantify, track and report all PTC related performance metrics
- Interface with the PTC Support Desk, giving direction on priority for troubleshooting and analysis of observations, ensuring proper capture and posting of data and logs, and timely updating of trouble tickets
- Work closely with lead counterparts at Union Pacific to identify their top priority items and initiatives and assist in championing these items, conveying the customer impact and importance to Wabtec management
- Coordinate and facilitate analysis and issue resolution with internal cross-functional product support and field service teams
- Maintain, communicate, and update the status of action items for all maintenance activity or troubleshooting efforts and ensure action items are closed out appropriately
- Prepare performance reports and report project status to stake holders and upper management, as necessary
- Ensure proper and timely customer invoicing, payment and monitor projected vs. actual maintenance costs.
- Report on the financial status of the execution of the maintenance contract and track any associated risks and opportunities for revenue.
- Inform, promote and implement value-added, enhanced maintenance service offerings to UPRR
- Communicate with TPM peers on top issues and initiatives, opportunities for improvement and other relevant information.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical/Business related field, Engineering or Sciences Non-degreed candidates with Military experience in these areas or advanced experience in Project Management will be considered
- Minimum of six (6) years' experience in technical project management and support or related field support required
- Minimum of two (2) years' leading a team and managing direct reports
- Must possess detailed knowledge of the Wabtec I-ETMS Positive Train Control safety-overlay system
- Working knowledge of fundamental railroad maintenance and operations
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze processes, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies
- Robust project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to develop high level of credibility and strong positive relationships with customers and coworkers
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely, tailored to audience