EagleView is hiring a Technical Product Manager (TPM) for our product team. Working closely with Product, UX and Engineering, you will be responsible for driving end to end scope for a large complex project. You will work to ensure we can leverage our imagery, property data tools and advanced machine learning networks to deliver awesome products and experiences to our customers.
- Translates product roadmap and complex projects into detailed end-end requirements, in partnership with other TPMs.
- Ensures prioritization and manages scope to maximize our software development investment, with an eye to customer-facing product priorities as well as future platform investment.
- Understands building for scale, and the vision that re-usable services in our platform architecture will enable us to derive new products with a much shorter time to market.
- Works with Product, UX and Engineering to drive scope for a large, complex project.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Attends Scrum meetings including standups, grooming, retrospectives, and demos.
- Clearly defines end-to-end acceptance criteria.
- Answers questions from software engineering team and clarifies requirements.
- Partners with our Agile Project Managers(APMs) on trade-offs between schedule and requirements.
- Aligns with key initiatives and cross-functional goals.
- Ensures requirements follow our information security policies to protect personally identifiable information and EagleView assets.
- Ensures requirements include performance, scalability and automation targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrates strategic and technical mastery when interacting with executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- Takes action to drive issues to resolution.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Collaborates across other TPMs and engineering teams to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives
- Curious – desires to learn every day.
- Critical Thinker – looks beyond the obvious.
- Communicator – shares thoughts, candidly and respectfully.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Ready to challenge the status-quo and drive innovative ideas.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Honest, candid and trustworthy. A team player.
- Executes quickly and gets things done on time.
- Agile and adaptable. Thrives on change.
- Quick study, self-learner.Gains proficiency in new industries, markets and technologies quickly.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's (BA or BS) or master's in business, computer science, GIS or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Three - five years' previous experience as a product manager, program manager, software developer or in a related field.
- Solid technical acumen and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, GIS, user experience design, and/or experience as a software developer a plus.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, product life-cycle, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and standard product requirement planning tools (JIRA, Aha!, Confluence or similar).
- Working knowledge of software development, software as a service.
- Experience with GIS, 3D geometry and machine learning desired.
- Familiarity with REST/Json/XML interfaces, methods and schemas.
- Comfortable working with multiple, cross functional teams, in-house and remote, domestically and international.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with engineering team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.