As the Team Lead of the Enterprise Order Taking team, you will be responsible for the systems, engineers, and tools that coordinate communication between our enterprise restaurants and platforms and the GrubHub core order taking and processing systems. You will work with other Order Taking and Order Processing team and tech leads to streamline integration of new enterprises, maintain testing standards, reliability, and resiliency within our platform, generalize and abstract functionality to enable code reuse, and coordinate on efforts to reach feature parity and integrate 3rd party back end systems into GrubHub.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
- Build and manage a talented engineering team.
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - build new services and functionality, manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with system engineers to increase the scale our production systems will operate at while performing at their peak
- Work with product, tech, and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables for the enterprise order taking suite of services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, software development lifecycle best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable applications
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Experience with distributed systems
- Ability to manage a team of engineers while providing mentorship and coaching to further career growth and development in a formal setting
- Extensive experience with Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault-tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience or experience similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated and unit testing experience applicable to our stack (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed, and/or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker or similar containerized solutions.