Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and possess the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. With the firm, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
- Managing and driving the success of multiple engagements
- Be client facing and grow practice
- Be responsible for revenue generation and managing a book of business
- Attracting, developing, and retaining top talent
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise
- Initiating "cross selling" business to other practices
- Promoting new ideas and business & tax solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
- Developing an understanding of client's business or family structure & investments, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
- Keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- 8+ years continuous recent public accounting experience
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large national, regional or local accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA license required
- Strong experience with private client services (personal taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation, charitable taxation, with exposure to partnership taxation and corporate taxation, including State & Local income (SALT)/Franchise tax for multi-state filers). Exposure to reporting and filings related to foreign assets, investments and holdings would be a plus
- Experience in the review of tax returns for wealthy family members and their trusts, investment entities, and private businesses. Businesses could include Private Equity, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Wholesale Distribution, Service, Retail and Restaurants. Exposure to business returns would be a plus, but not required
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business
- Successful candidates will possess ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, manage compliance projects, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information and tax laws
- Masters of Taxation, MBA or Law Degree
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9413