Accelera Solutions provides engineering support on a large IT programs. The solution consists of a large-scale, complex suite of systems for a broad variety of end-users. The systems operate in both on-premise and Cloud environments. As a member of this team, the Systems Integration Engineer gathers information on functional requirements, then designs, develops, integrates, tests and maintains solutions to fulfill them. The successful candidate will have solid understanding, appropriate certification and hands-on experience with integrating applications in the DoD environment. Effective communication and a collaborative style are essential for this position to be successful on the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assimilate and increase an in-depth understanding of customer requirements and how they translate to application features.
- Coordinate with functional and technical subject matter experts to ensure changes to systems/environments are handled and communicated properly.
- Evaluate existing components/systems to determine integration requirements and ensure final solutions meet organizational needs.
- Provide input on the master Integrated Master Schedule to ensure all integration tasks are planned for and resolve schedule conflicts accordingly.
- Conduct system and software integration to include planning, requirements analysis, validation, management, design, development, testing, performance, and software management.
- Produce relevant SDLC deliverables supporting the design, development, integration, and testing of applications.
- Support ongoing cybersecurity activities, ensuring all systems and system components maintain a strong security posture in accordance with DoD requirements and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Government and component developer teams to ensure a common understanding of requirements, priorities, risks and opportunities and facilitate joint lifecycle activities.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure systems are available and operational for deployment.
Required Skills and Work Experience:
- At least ten (10+) years relevant experience in application development.
- Integration work on enterprise-class systems, requiring coordination and scheduling integration events across multiple component developers.
- VMware virtual machine configuration and management; creating new VM templates and provisioning VM instances upon request.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) expertise, following formal methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, or a hybrid of both.
- Defined software development process usage, following CMMI Level 2 or above guidelines.
- Group Policy Objects maintenance within the Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- Information Assurance standards integration into application development processes, including evaluation of systems relative to the latest Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and working to resolve issues/discrepancies found.
- Project documentation creation such as the System Design Document (SDD), System/Subsystem Design Document (SSDD), Interface Design Document (IDD), Interface Control Document (ICD), and Database Design Description (DBDD).
- Configuration Management rigor for large-scale programs.
Additional Desired Skills and Work Experience:
- Detailed technical knowledge of DoD Healthcare IT systems.
- Implementation of DevSecOps processes to support environment/system management and integration testing for systems operating across different platforms.
- Maintenance of environments with infrastructures that have components operating on both on-premise and cloud platforms.
- Management of changes and integration of updated components for systems operating on on-premise, cloud (particularly Azure), and hybrid platforms.
- Incorporation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) criteria for obtaining and maintaining accreditation of DoD systems.
- Participation in software process improvement initiatives and formal integration processes following CMMI Level 5 guidelines.
- Participation in capacity planning and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of clinical documentation and clinical coding.
- Familiarity with MUMPS programming and FileMan utilities.
- Use of DoDAF enterprise architecture artifacts on software development programs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems engineering, business or other related scientific or technical discipline (required)
- A Master's degree in one of the qualifying fields of study can be substituted for 4 years of experience (optional)
Certifications and Clearance:
- Have, or be able to obtain, a DOD Secret clearance (required)
- Microsoft development or cloud certification (desired)
- Able to work as part of a team and individually with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate project information effectively to customer and supervisors
- Ability to present problems, recommendations and performance information, while interfacing with all levels of the team and management
- Ability to write clear and concise technical content
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully