We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Chicago, IL as we grow our business and satisfy our customers. With extensive experience in software and hardware, our innovative solutions maximize the efficiency of aircraft and their crew. As part of a team, this US-based position is an essential element in the Americas strategy as we anticipate and execute the growth objectives within our region.
- Creates, defines, analyzes, and maintains overall System requirements of the API's between the AVIO software and the customer's systems to populate AVIO software with customer data.
- Review and maintain documentation of the REST API's, used by the customer to ensure the Avio development teams follow the current standards.
- Responsible for working closely with the customer to analyze functional and technical requirements.
- Contributes to the support of the AVIO software development teams by providing documentation and expertise when required.
- Contributes to Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Estimates, supports proposals by gathering and delivering information to the Product and Project Team, and support the Project Team in the preparation and delivery of customer presentations.
- Must be able to evaluate internal and external documentation in order to gather knowledge and build upon the functionalities of AVIO software and related integration elements.
- The Systems Engineer is customer facing (external & to a lesser degree internal), and he/she must be able to keep communication lines open and clear
- External customers are airlines and their internal teams as well as external entities include data suppliers such as Flight Planning Providers, Weather providers, etc.
- Internal customers include the Product Development Team, Integration Team and the Operations Team.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in field with minimum 5-8+ years experience or Master's degree in field with 4+ years experience).
- A passion for software development and ability to meet changing deadlines, anticipate issues and develop solutions that meet end-user requirements.
- Strong teamwork skills. Empathetic and able to see big picture while valuing opinions and input from customers and other team members.
- Strong communicator capable of clearly conveying ideas as well as listening and assimilating information from other sources.
- Skilled in reading and writing technical files like XML, XSD, JSON, YAML, …
- Understanding Enterprise Integration Patterns and know how to apply them is considered a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Experience in designing REST APIs.
- Experience in Apache Camel development is a plus.