Installation, management and maintenance of corporate local and wide area data network. Management and maintenance of corporate telecommunications network.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Installs and maintains local and wide area network hardware, including file servers, cabling infrastructure, routers/hubs/switches/modems, and printers.
* Installs and maintains network software.
* Maintains security on network systems.
* Maintains corporate data backup systems and file restorations.
* Create and manage NTFS files security and groups.
* Troubleshoots complex hardware and telecommunication related issues.
* Monitors and documents/reports systems activity.
* Define, implement, and maintain an overall systems backup and recovery strategy.
* Define, implement, and maintain a disaster recovery program for non data systems.
* Maintains and implements network management tools.
* Evaluate Voice and Data products.
* Make recommendations on upgrading or installing new products.
* Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Educational experience equivalent to an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field with four years work related experience, six years work related experience.
*CompTia A+ Certification and CompTia Server+ preferred.
*Microsoft MCSE strongly preferred.
* Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of computer software and hardware and their network applications.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Demonstrated time management skills.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Network hardware and software installation/maintenance
* Telephone/voice mail installation/maintenance
* Hardware and telecommunication troubleshooting
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
COMMENTS Infectious Control Risk Category II: The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures the may require exposure.