Eagle Ray Inc. is looking for System Administrators to provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design. Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Support and provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
- Maintain the integrity and security of IT system.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation and process documentation.
- Interact with users
- Adhere to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implement system testing strategies and document results.
- Provide remote access capability for users using approved secure access methods.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
- Support shift work, as required.
- Lead System Administrator team and/or Help Desk team.
- Provide technical execution oversight and training for lower level system administrators.
- Define and implement policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Plan and implement software upgrades for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software to the Change Management process.
- Plan and conduct testing using approved testing procedures for all new staged hardware/software (GFE), as well as components that have been updated, received patches, and/or have been repaired.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- 8 years, or more, of systems administrator experience.
- Bachelor's in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related; or equivalent.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, Batch, VBScript, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
Desired skills include:
- Master's Degree
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.)
- Experience and/or familiarity with both Windows-bases and UNIX/Linux-based systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity