The Supply Chain Manager understands company business requirements, market dynamics and trends, supply base and their capabilities for given commodities in order to provide the most strategic direction and management of resources. With direction from the Regional Director of Supply Chain for PCC Aerostructures, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for strategically leading complex supplier negotiations, as well as, executing, managing, and administering supplier contracts, SOWs, SLAs, NDAs and any other required supplier agreements. The incumbent also works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, products, and materials. Additionally, as a LEADER, the Supply Chain Manager ensures budgets and schedules meet local, divisional, and corporate requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understand, demonstrate and adhere to the company's commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
• Manage direct reports including strengths and weaknesses of direct reports and provide opportunities for training and cross-training in positions. Delegate, as necessary, to direct reports to accomplish goals.
• Reinforce and champion the idea and culture of continuous improvement and motivate ideas for pipeline improvement projects.
• Serve as the Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) responsible for supplier selection, purchase order award, tracking progress against the award, and required fiscal reporting to the Government.
• Effectively manage supply chain relationships and contracts for assigned commodities/suppliers
• Lead, coordinate and manage supplier business reviews.
• Create, implement and/or drive industry and company supply chain best practices
• Lead supply chain management project/program management and complex problem resolution on new product, cost reduction, value engineering, quality, reliability, delivery, inventory and service initiatives.
• Lead, develop, create and deploy supplier scorecards
• Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems.
• Reviews and plans requirements for purchasing/repairing materials at external suppliers.
• Ensure urgent orders are fulfilled in an expedited manner, while maintaining part quality and acceptable inventory levels.
• Ensure materials are ordered and in stock to meet production requirements, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
• Ensure adherence to company supply chain management best practices, policies, procedures and external compliance requirements.
• Participates in divisional or corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and resources.
• May prepare material requirement plans using enterprise resource planning systems.
• Develops material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering.
• Partner with HR and direct reports to resolve problems, complaints or grievances, and to plan and forecast staffing
• Lead and Support Six Sigma and facilitate lean initiatives
• Partner with Program Management and Production Control to ensure commitments are met for product delivery.
• Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
• May perform special projects or other duties, as assigned.
• Assist in the development of annual operating, materials and procurement budgets.
Provide supply chain input and leadership in support of the development of material estimates for new business proposals.
• Ability to be a role model and a leader with credibility who others want to work for.
• Ability to possess a progressive vision with the focus and ambition to make change happen for PCC Aerostructures and themselves;
• Ability to inspire others by communicating and influencing in a way that really takes people with them;
• Ability to build and motivate teams by continuously improving team performance to achieve shared PCC Aerostructures goals;
• Ability to coach others by maximizing potential through consistently developing themselves and others;
• Ability to drive achievements with the determination to achieve outstanding results and energizing others.
• Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and related federal and state legislation and regulations.
• Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point); Knowledge in Microsoft Project is helpful, but not required.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
• Demonstrates prioritization and planning skills.
• Excellent negotiating and influencing skills with regard to project, contract, or customer management
7+ years experience in Supply Chain
5+ years experience in the manufacturing environment
Experience in Aerospace preferred, but not required
Level of Education
A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is required