This position is a leadership position in the Procurement department at Lyons Magnus, an international food and beverage manufacturer headquartered in Fresno, California. This position will work with the department to oversee the strategic sourcing of direct materials and indirect goods and services. The Manager of Strategic Sourcing owns the Request for Proposal (RFP) process including planning, managing, and executing proposals for direct and indirect goods. This position will be a cross-functional cost leadership role which will interact with procurement, finance manufacturing, quality assurance, product development, sales and marketing and engineering, to maximize overall cost efficiency to drive margin growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of RFPs from beginning to end (including supplier discovery, baseline collection and cleansing, supplier communication, configuration of RFP in eSourcing Platform, running RFP and analysis)
- Conduct Return on Investment (ROI) Analysis, including potential savings vs. cost to implement and risk associated with transition
- Timely communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and negotiate applicable raw materials for selected RFP's.
- Support supplier negotiations in the RFP process.
- Achieve an understanding of commodities and how to procure to meet our objectives.
- Achieve an understanding of packaging and how to procure to meet our objectives.
- Maintain a viable and competitive vendor base.
- Understand customer sales forecasts in procuring raw ingredients and packaging to meet sales needs.
- Interact with Research and Development (R&D) regarding raw material specifications and usage approval.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Management skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs) and PowerPoint (i.e. proficient creation of content for negotiations and internal executive briefings)
- Proven communication/presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate to internal and external stake holders and get results. Business acumen skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA degree in Supply chain and/ or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in supply chain/Procurement in a multi-plant, multi-segment manufacturing industry in the Food Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years in managing RFPs from beginning to end.
- Experience at a more entrepreneurial and fast-paced company preferred.
- Experience with strategic sourcing, formula-based sourcing, total cost of ownership (TCO), life-cycle costs, scenario modeling and category and risk management.
- Experience with using E-sourcing tools to manage projects, contracts, RFX, and reverse auction, and to perform linear decision analysis.