PSE's Office of Controller team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Supervisor of Accounting - Property position!
The supervisor will direct and oversee day-to-day operations of accounting unit responsible for the accounting of over $15 billion in assets. In this role you will oversee daily, monthly, and annual accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records. He/she will ensure SOX procedures and controls are being complied with and working according to documentation. The Supervisor of Accounting will provide guidance, leadership and performance appraisals to staff. This individual will also ensure customer satisfaction and continual improvement of processes.
- Employee Safety, Development & Team Building - Providing employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Demonstrates a passion for safety. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety including eliminating at-risk behaviors by conducting safety audits and inspections, eliminating hazards and near misses, and attending safety meetings.
- Sets clear expectations and holds employees accountable for performance as well as safety goals/targets where applicable.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions. Ensures required training is successfully completed.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Accountable to ensure employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements, as well as safety standards.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve employee, business, customer and safety results.
- Manages the work of others, while retaining ownership of some higher level routine tasks.
- Reviews monthly reconciliations prepared by accountants.
- Reviews parked journal entries, as well as journal entry review and recurring entry processes performed by accountants.
- Oversees effectiveness of the general ledger closing process, including system and journal entry maintenance and verification of automated processes.
- Reviews internal, external, and regulatory financial reports.
- Manages requests received from management and other departments and represent the department at company meetings.
- Oversees special projects/research within the department.
- Monitors internal controls and actively update and test SOX 404 procedures.
- Provides performance appraisals to staff; promote training and development of staff.
- Supports audits and oversee compliance activities associated with regulatory, GAAP, and SEC requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated technical accounting and analysis experience.
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and coaching skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong PC skills (including Excel, Word, Access).
- Experience with SAP and/or CLX.
- Certified Public Accountant or candidate.
- Certified Management Accountant or candidate.
- Advanced Degree