- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (electricians, boilermakers, carpenters, etc.) working in particular construction discipline (civil, structural, electrical). This position reports to the Project Manager.
- Plan and supervise Assistant Superintendent (on larger projects) and/or craft activities includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as necessary and applicable to the labor approach for the projects assigned.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule. Titles by discipline may include: Construction Superintendent (for civil work), Structural Superintendent, Mechanical Superintendent, Electrical Superintendent, and the like.
- May be responsible for managing all field aspects of a small project, with home office support.
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 8 years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and demonstrated ability to control and supervise large groups.
- Prior experience with Commercial and / or Industrial project scopes of $15M value or more. [Commercial projects – Healthcare/Higher Education facilities, Office Buildings, etc.].
- Project assignments that may require extended long term temporary living arrangements or frequent travel to non-local job sites.