Maser Consulting is seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Manager to lead our SUE operation in FL.
Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) is a branch of engineering that deals with mitigating risks associated with new infrastructure design and construction. We work closely with engineers and utility owners to help identify utility conflicts using an array of technologies, including electromagnetic line locators, ground penetrating radar, GPS, conventional survey and vacuum excavation. Our work requires a high level of precision and technical ability.
- Developing and monitoring project scope, budget, schedule and quality control for SUE projects from the proposal stage through final deliverables.
- Planning of SUE crew schedules and coordination with other departments to ensure the proper allocation of personnel and resources to meet project deadlines.
- Field supervision of SUE crews to ensure accuracy and high standards are met.
- Training of SUE technicians in the theory of utility designating and practical application of designating methods.
- Training and supervision of SUE crews in utility locating (test holes).
- Coordinating with local municipalities to obtain proper certifications and permits for SUE work in their jurisdictions.
- Providing oversight and monitor SUE activities to ensure assignments meet performance goals.
- Recruit, hire, manage, mentor and retain staff necessary to maintain and/or improve the SUE's unit's ability to produce a quality work product.
- Maintain and develop client relationships.
- Responsible for safety coordination of SUE effort.
- 10+ years of experience in SUE and 5+ years supervising multiple SUE crews.Ability to designate all utilities using surface geophysical equipment, including RF Pipe and Cable Locators, Ground Penetrating Radar, and electromagnetic induction devices.
- Extensive experience operating and maintaining a vacuum excavation truck.
- Able to work flexible hours (some nights, weekends, and travel will be required).
- Must be able to generate revenue through existing client base and new business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle tight deadlines.
What We Offer
Maser Consulting maintains a culture that is nurtured through the promotion of integrity, collaboration and socialization. Our employees enjoy comfortable work environments, continuous career advancement and the ability to impact society not only through the projects they work on, but the Company sponsored activities available to them. Maser Consulting stays on the cutting edge of technology and our opportunistic approach to expansion creates personal and professional growth opportunities across all areas of the firm. Our dedication to the well-being of our employees and their families is demonstrated throughout the wide range of benefits and programs available to them. Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals so that we can help you Design Your Future and Build Your Career!