The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer works under the general direction of the Quality Management with minimum supervision, perform supplier source inspections, first article inspections, supplier surveys and audits assuring supplier corrective action where required. Interface with procurement, receiving inspection and other personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the supplier rating system, which will define the total cost of ownership of products procured from suppliers.
- Implement and maintain a supplier approval system that will, in a cost effective manner, qualify suppliers to do business with the company and meet varied purchase order requirements. Possibly conduct or witness first articles internally or at the supplier. Write validation plans, when needed.
- Evaluate lean initiatives at supplier facilities and assist in implementing lean manufacturing processes as necessary.
- Assure the means for procurement to issue purchase orders to qualified/approved suppliers and all requirements included in the purchase orders. Manage the supplier corrective action system to identify and correct supplier problems in a timely manner.
- Act as primary interface between the company and suppliers in resolving technical problems and performing source control inspections. Coordinate with functional departments and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely manner. Aid in determining the responsibility of discrepant hardware already received into the company and issued to the shop or shipped to customers. Establish and maintain effective communications with other operating departments and suppliers to facilitate problem identification/resolution and compliance with various specification requirements for supplier control.
- Prepare and maintain reports such as supplier performance, survey results, specification compliance, corrective actions, trip reports, etc. Maintain a list of approved suppliers.
- Interface with cell managers to assure all applicable inspections/tests are performed and to assure that only acceptable hardware is received into the company. Participate in production cell meetings.
- Collect and analyze supplier quality and delivery data. Develop and implement cost effective intervention plans to improve quality and on-time-delivery ratings.
- Monitor suppliers for continuous improvements. Write ECR for drawing changes, if required, Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Maintain metrics that measure supplier performance and quality rating.
- Maintain data on supplier QMS / Nadcap status
- Approve or disapprove supplier in accordance with company procedures.
- Lead the disposition process for supplier related nonconformance's.
- Primary reviewer for supplier related corrective actions.
Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as electrical, mechanical, industrial engineering.
Education: BS degree in related engineering field. Thorough understanding of ISO 9000/ AS9100 regulations certification process.
Experience: Over 7 years up to and including 10 years.