The Solutions Architect – Security links business mission, strategy and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and documents this using an architectural vision that shows how the current and future needs of an organization will be delivered by the ePlus team. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their vision. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem. From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
Together with the assigned Account Executive, the Security Solutions Architect – Security provides technical leadership in helping customers design and architect complex multi-technology solutions. Working with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, the Solutions Architect – Security builds a holistic view of their client's technology and digital transformation strategy. The role of the Solutions Architect – Security is to take that knowledge and align business requirements to an End to End Solution.
- Assemble complex multi-technology solutions. Engage SMEs and Vendors when necessary to develop solution proposals.
- Lead technical scoping/reviews with sales team and customers for Statement of Work (SOW) generation, planning and designing solutions for complex multi-vendor solutions
- Develop and finalize solution architecture/design and detailed line item configurations and/or bill-of-materials (BOMs)
- Develop and finalize solution proposal and/or presentation of recommended solutions
- Complete and author technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses
- Conduct knowledge transfers with colleagues and service delivery team regarding solution and OEM product updates/changes, lessons learned from previous engagements/experience, etc.
- Assist with developing new technology ideas, solutions, services while improving backend process
- Perform product evaluations and comparative deep dive analysis, and make recommendations to customers for best of breed products and offerings
- Provide regular updates on latest industry trends, new product offerings and roadmaps
- Participate in regularly scheduled business reviews with strategic accounts. Including review of solutions deployed to date, key initiatives, and identification of improvement areas for customers IT technology and operations.
- Identify product or services candidates to sales and services management as new solution areas for ePlus to potentially development or investment
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Complete administrative tasks (expenses, time reporting, pipeline) in a timely fashion
- Provide services updates and forecast potential revenue, win probability, and estimated date of completion
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following manufacturers: Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet
- Understanding of industry frameworks: ability to speak to multiple verticals in a consultative manor to advise on Security concerns related to GRC
- Industry Knowledge: Network Engineering (R/S, Wireless, Security), Identity Services Management (ClearPass/ISE), Cloud Security and Cloud Services, Virtualization
Education and Experience:
- College degree or applicable work experience
- Five or more years of experience in designing or implementing complex network or systems/storage solutions
- Three or more years of experience in providing pre-sales engineering support