Do you possess strong analytical and technical abilities and demand fast, but carefully thought-out results? Are you independent in putting forth your own innovative and original ideas, which can change the organization while being resourceful and persuasive in overcoming obstacles? Are you a decisive self-starter with the competitive drive to win?
If this describes you then we encourage you to apply for our Sr Project Manager -Data position in Information Technology. We are seeking an individual to lead and manage the delivery of key business-related projects and programs to further our business strategy.
Provide lead project manager role on data management, data analytics, data warehousing or enterprise reporting projects within the Hertz Data Program for Hertz Global Holdings. This includes coordinating and tracking of project initiation, requirements gathering, design, application setup, configuration, testing, training, change management and deployment of Data Program related projects.
Lead all the technical and project management aspects of Data Program projects. Responsible for management of project life cycle from initiation through deployment and project closure. Work collaboratively across IT Architecture, Business domains and external service providers for the configuration, design, development and deployment of Data systems within the Hertz Data Program. Provide vendor relationship management with multiple vendor leadership, project managers and onshore/offshore development teams.
The resource will perform the following:
- Work daily with Hertz IT technical teams, Hertz Business users and external service providers to facilitate and manage all levels of a project's SDLC.
- Use Hertz PMO tools and processes to create and manage detailed project plans, schedules, estimates versus actuals, scope documents, cost estimates and actuals, resource plans, risk and issues logs, status reports and other PMO required artifacts
- Provide single point of contact within Hertz IT for system status and Data Program related reporting activities.
- Advise Senior IT management on project status, spend analysis, benefits analysis, resource planning and provide overall leadership status on a weekly basis.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Work with other project and program managers to ensure overall business needs are being met for company initiatives.
- Drive decisions, including difficult tradeoffs that may be needed between resources, schedule, and functionality.
- Create and maintain relationships across various programs and throughout the organization.
- Serve as point of contact for process related questions or issues and facilitate process related meetings pertaining to Data Program projects.
- Act as subject matter expert, help facilitate functional requirements definition and documentation including the development of use cases and testing specification documents
- Ensure business and technical design specifications are created per Hertz standards for implementation of solutions.
- Analyze trends to drive future service level improvements and provide input and direction for the implementation of Service Improvement Plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration / Management, or related field. Advanced master's degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- 10 years' experience successfully project managing major IT system implementations using various system development life cycle models.
- Program and project manager lead role experience in large enterprise-wise projects for a major company.
- 5 years' experience as a team leader in driving successful performance.
- Experience leading Big Data, data warehousing or large-scale reporting projects.
- Implementation experience with data integrations and ETL (extract transfer load).
- System implementation experience in a cloud environment, preferably with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Practical experience with IT and Business Operations support.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Understanding and demonstrated success with Continuous Improvement Techniques (Lean, Theory of Constraints, Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, Change Management, Project Management).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, good organization, time management and decision making skills.
- Ability to lead people indirectly through positive influence.
- Self-motivated, high energy and date-driven; ability to create enthusiasm and buy-in for improvement activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills including flexibility and adaptability to changes in roles and responsibility.
- Strong grasp of private/public Cloud infrastructures and application development technologies and architectures.