At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. This exciting role as a (Senior)/Project Engineer - Combustion will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities involved in the development, prototype, evaluation and validation of product and component designs. This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise employees assigned to the project group and be responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of projects.
- Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, strength and schedule.
- Coordinate such activities as purchasing, accounting, contract administration, manufacturing, outside vendors and plant security in orderto ensure successful completion of projects with constraints
- Direct preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released material list, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project. Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 8-12+ years of related experience in project management within a product research and development environment, or a graduate degree with 5- 8 years of related experience in project management in a product research and development environment.
- Working knowledge of UL, ANSI, CSA water heater safety, performance and installations standards.
- Experience in design, development and manufacture of products. (water heaters, boilers, furnaces or similar HVAC type products).
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solids modeling software.
- Experience in evaluating products for manufacturability, cost and performance
- Experience in investigating, troubleshooting, documenting, and performing corrective actions in product designs
HOW TO STAND OUT
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in cross-functional project management education or training