Reporting to the Executive Medical Director , the primary role of the incumbent will be to provide subject matter and drug development expertise in support of clinical drug development trials supporting Infectious Diseases group ( Critical Care, Hepatology, Inflammatory ) and across general medicine. He/She will be expected to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of clinical programs. Furthermore, the Medical Director will play a key role in client relations, business development representing Covance in proposals and industry meetings, and potentially people leadership/management as needed.
This is a remote home or office-based role in the US, with travel up to 20%.
Additional key responsibilities include;
- Medical and safety monitoring; Medical data review
- Develop, review, and revise protocols, CRF, training materials, code/data tables, listing and figures
- Actively participates and assists in preparations for investigator meetings
- Participates in project risk assessment activities
- Provides clinical and medical expertise to other Covance departments
- Contributes to the scientific strategic leadership for a given therapeutic area
- Participation in bid defense and kick off meetings
- MD degree with specialization in Critical Care or Infectious Disease preferred
- Board Certification history highly preferred
- Relevant sub specialty fellowship training is ideal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel with the US and globally
- Minimum 3 years of experience in medical monitoring of clinical trials
- Clinical trials experience with a CRO; pharma or academic setting experience will be considered
- Experience in therapeutic areas of infectious diseases and/or critical care; Hep B experience is a plus
- Previous experience in medical practice/patient care preferred.