The Senior Manufacturing Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. In addition, the Senior Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for annual budget planning and execution. They will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operation. This person must possess at least 15 years of experience including best practices in both managerial and production platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Management, Operations or related field.
- 10+ years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) a plus
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Lead by example and motivate all personnel on achieving and providing high quality products and services being provided on-time
- Partnerwith Quality and Regulatory teams to assure appropriate performance, documentation and compliance with Quality Management System (QMS)/ISO/GMP
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Responsible for hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Manageoperation expenses and implement new methods of reducing costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with the team to ensure all members of the manufacturing and warehousing teams are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace
- Maintain Inventory levels and control flow of product to achieve efficient production and warehouse operations
- Maintain and support safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Analyze workforce requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Lead, monitor and contribute to significant projects initiatives
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Communicate and work with R&D/PRB as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Work with purchasing to develop and improve supplier relationships
- Conduct vendor meetings in a professional manner including tough negotiation situations
- Maintain security system/access readers to keep employees safe and secure