What you will do:
The process improvement senior manager is responsible for leading continuous improvement initiatives throughout the company. He/she uses resource management skills, knowledge of industrial and process engineering principles, best practices and automation tactics, and change management techniques to lead a team comprised of resources including Industrial Engineers and Business Analysts. The department goal is to identify business process improvement opportunities and work with business areas throughout the company to improve efficiencies and reduce costs in ways that are measurable, through the design, documentation and implementation of sustainable solutions. This resource will be a key leader in the planned Pega Center of Excellence, expected to be formed in 2019 to support campaign management and business process automation.
The Process Improvement Sr. Manager is in charge of resource allocation, planning and direct management of staff to create visibility for this important function, identify opportunities, assure that company priorities requiring Process Improvement are addressed within adequate service levels and produce measurable results. Groups that the Process Improvement area frequently engages with include Customer Service, IT, EPO, Marketing, Supply Chain, Warehouse and Product Support Groups, Carrier Operations, Customer Retention, and Customer Experience.
- Manage Process Improvement resources. Mentor, train, and provide support and guidance to Process Improvement staff regarding Industrial and Process Engineering principles and best practices and their application to TracFone processes and operations. This includes the important functions of research, discovery and analysis as well as stakeholder interviewing. Assign, direct, and review department deliverables for the service of process re-engineering and documentation for different business entities.
- Develop and promote adoption within TracFone of best practices and coordinate and support business performance management and quality improvement capacity building throughout the company. Identify, plan and implement initiatives to measure and improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, rework, hard costs, etc. resulting in significant and measureable business improvement and/or customer satisfaction through sustainable solutions.
- Lead the Process Improvement team in acquiring the training and expertise necessary to become key members of the planned Pega center of excellence for business process automation. Promote the potential for achieving efficiency improvements through the use of Pega business process automation.
- Drive the business toward development and implementation of business process level measurements, especially in areas where metrics are scarce or non-existent, to provide performance baselines and identify potential problems and areas for improvement.
- BS in Engineering, preferably Industrial Engineering.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 6-7 years of experience in process improvement focused on implementation of cross-functional initiatives (business/process analysis, delivery of automation solutions, documentation, metric development and reengineering).
- Proven record of driving business results (cost savings or revenue impacting improvements).
- Successful implementation and leadership of major projects/initiatives at one or more mid-sized companies preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of lean and/or Six Sigma and "agile" methodologies, certfication preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in projects related to supply chain improvements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and successful use of Pega for business process automation is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Mircrosoft Office (Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, range of reporting solutions (Cognos, BI, Thoughtspot, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, both verbal and written.