Lochner, a leader in transportation engineering, seeks an experienced Senior Inspector in our Dallas, TX office. The position requires travel to, and daily work site of, rural areas throughout the State of Texas. Performs on-site daily observation of the contractor's construction work and compares the work product to the project's approved plans and specifications. Typical responsibilities include:
- Perform field inspection and oversight of construction activities.
- Maintain inspection reports with records of project progress.
- Perform and/or Coordinate material field testing services.
- Pay item quantity measurements and documentation
- 10+ years of progressive experience in construction inspection for transportation projects; TxDOT preferred.
- Must be able to interpret plans, standards and specifications.
- Good understanding of construction specifications and plans.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must have a working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of TxDOT specification and standards is required.
- Ability to effectively lead a team of inspectors.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record