Reporting to the Vice President of the Americas, the Sr. Director of Global Accounts is responsible for generating and maximizing sales revenues within the Waters' product portfolio globally. The position is responsible for managing an organization of global sales executives focused on relationship building and managing the global business within our largest strategic accounts. The successful candidate will have a proven track record managing global teams to drive customer engagement and business growth.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Managing the global business and key relationships within our largest global and strategic accounts
- Creates and implements strategic marketing plans that successfully achieve business objectives
- Collaborates with the geographic business owners (VP's, GM's) to develop account specific plans and implement executive level business plans in identified accounts
- Responsible for developing and managing key strategic relationships with our largest global accounts and is accountable for the relationship with Global Procurement within these accounts
- Acts as the business leader coordinating efforts to identify large global opportunities for all technology centers and coordinating efforts to win this business
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the global Informatics opportunities and relationships with the key IM stakeholders within key accounts, while keeping key internal stakeholders informed
- Responsible for coordinating global business development activities at identified Global Accounts
- Contract negotiation of our global accounts will be the responsibility of the Global Contract Management team but the Director of Global Accounts will be responsible for coordinating internal business decisions from the geographies
- Monitors and understand competitors' products, including relevant sales and marketing data
- Develops an operating budget for Strategic and Informatics Account groups
- BS/Masters/PhD in a scientific discipline (e.g. chemistry, biology or biochemistry) or a science-related field of study
- The successful candidate is a leader with a track record of over 10 years in commercial leadership roles, including at least three years with full P&L accountability at a regional level. S/he has proven ability to integrate an understanding of sound business and financial fundamentals with in-depth knowledge of the market and industry.
- This individual has a strong track record developing and leading high performing teams, nurturing a culture of openness and collaboration, operating in a matrix environment. S/he has high business ethics and a long-term commitment to the business mission, the organization and the team, which blends with the Waters culture anchored on core values (deliver benefit), collaboration and passion for what they do.
- Position location is flexible and requires approximately 25% time in Milford, MA Corporate HQ