Support of systems and tools used functionally by the Network Operations Teams.
- System support includes issues related to automation, system functionality, improving efficiency related to the applicable system(s), or training end-users.
- Leadership role in projects including PAC/ORC projects related to systems/tools, upgrades, enhancements, releases.
- Creates design requirements, table updates, database administration, test plans, implementation and training plans, conversion review work, and report planning.
- In many cases system enhancements will be driven by the Network Operations team and this position may be called upon to be a project lead. In this capacity the employee may be called upon to review or research new systems/functionality
Develop and enhance operational tools for customers within and outside the department.
- Communicates collaboratively with internal customers to understand requirements and business objectives. Asks probing questions to uncover underlying business need and builds effective tools to meet the business need.
- Maintains a deep functional knowledge of system data structure and procedures to ensure tools developed are as effective as possible.
- Develops and documents procedures and trains users where needed on tool enhancements or new tools that are developed.
Develop/determine reporting needs related to the #TDS network, resource efficiency, and/or other analysis. This may include report creation via Crystal Enterprise, Python, SQL, or other data analysis technologies depending on the needs.
Keeps current with changes in the telephone industry and ongoing initiatives in other TDS functional units.
Sr. Data Analyst:
- Associate Degree or higher OR 2+ years professional work experience.
- 3+ years experience in the area of Relational Database Reporting Languages such as: SQL, OR experience programming with Python or any other programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher 4 + years professional work experience
- 4 + years of professional work experience in a lead role in supporting the development of technical standards or supporting a large database or computer application(s)
- 1+ year of Supervisory and/or Team Lead experience
- Advanced Programming/SQL Experience
- DataBase Reporting Experience
- Exceptional working knowledge of most NetOps Functional Systems and Tools
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Apache
- Experience using or creating web services
- A professional attitude and courteous manner toward clients, partners and staff
- Excellent & proven interpersonal communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, listening). Able to provide consulting to personnel and customers
- Proven ability to make timely and effective decision
- Able to make difficult decisions concerning complex issues often in areas where there is no precedent
- Ability to organize priorities to achieve maximum performance cost effectively
- Excellent PC skills – including key software programs
- Flexible personality and ability to multi-task a variety of projects with diverse groups
- Will be expected to travel as the job dictates the need