(Sr.) Account Executive for IT (Full-time | Minneapolis, MN)
OST is seeking anAccount Executive/Sr.Account Executive for full-time employment in our Minneapolis, MN office. In this role, you will beresponsible for selling technology solutions - products, software and services to Fortune 1000 companies using a “Challenger” sales approach– we bring thought leadership to our clients that helps them challenge their approaches to achieve outcomes that impact their business. Depending on your pastexperience and alignment, your role andresponsibilities will target either enterprise technology solutions – XaaS (Data centerinfrastructure, hybrid clouds, managed services, data center modernization) or solutions that transform the business (IoT, Design, Application Development, Data Analytics). A successful candidate for thi position will possess both an account management and technology background that enables them to drive an engagement at the executive level as well as with software engineers andIT architects. You will be able to quickly learn our business, our sales process and methodologies to disrupt customers’ thinking and build consensus for our solutions to secure deals. You will also offer unique and valuable perspectives on the market; help customers navigate alternatives; provide ongoing consultation; help customers avoid potential problems; educate them on new issues and outcomes; and provide insight to the customer on things that are affecting their business that they aren’t even aware of.
- Design and implement sales strategies to ensure we meet our revenue objectives by growing new and existing accounts.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business.
- Research prospective customer organizations to identify appropriate stakeholders.
- Coach customer stakeholders to build consensus for OST solutions within their organization
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving challenges that to successful close of business.
- Provide feedback to both management and marketing on developing industry trends, new product ideas and competitive intelligence.
- Facilitate periodic status meetings with all levels of management on existing account activities.
- Understand the business issues and cost drivers that impact the client and work with technical consultants to develop solutions that can efficiently and cost-effectively address them
- Negotiate the value of the project, terms of the agreement and close sales
- Represent the OST value proposition as well as the OST culture and corporate values in all client relationships, demonstrating our unique capabilities and expertise
- Use your extensive Twin Cities’ network to open doors to new opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of business-to-business outside sales experience with demonstrated track record of success selling into Fortune 1000 customers
- “Challenger” selling approach meaning you teach customers new ideas, tailor insights to their pain points, and take control of the conversation.
- Willingness to take control and provide leadership within the account.
- Demonstrated success with new account generation and developing additional business opportunities through existing network
- Comfortable talking to a wide range of decision makers and the ability to coordinate and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Able to quickly gain knowledge of your customers’ business, discuss issues from multiple angles, and teach something of value to them, which ultimately leads to unique capabilities.
- Focus on continuous professional development resulting in enhanced selling skills, business acumen, and an impeccable professional character.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and energetic
- Enterprising, Striving, Positive, Self-assured/Confident, Articulate, Engaging, Analytical, and willing to respectfully challenge
- Self-motivated with a passion for business, sales, and learning
- Integrity and clearly defined values, in control of your own professional and personal success
- Positive attitude and commitment to delighting clients
- Desire to work with and learn new solution offerings as they are created
- Not easily intimidated
- Believe you always make a difference and often you make ‘the difference’
- Business Intelligence, technical aptitude and understanding of the concepts and purposes of technology